All About Personal Redemptive Stories on the Web

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

My Story? Significant?

Everyone on the planet has a personal story. Whether it be a story of love, strife, triumph, defeat, delight or pain, or a seemingly mundane story of day in and day out, stories emerge through every life lived.

“Sure,” you may agree, “but so what?” Why should we stop and explore anyone’s personal story – even our own?

It all boils down to a question of significance.

As I said in my introduction, personal stories are powerful because they mean something. They teach us something about who we are. And by discovering the roles we play in the bigger picture – the great meta-narrative of life – we see our purpose in life.

Here’s a few key questions to dig into next:

Next time I’d like to blog about one of my favorite movies and how a scene from it helped me answer these questions.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?